Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sophistication with a Touch of Whimsy

My neighbor has the SWEETEST little man... he has such a little personality, he laughs, smiles and is SO CUTE. Right after Little C was born, she wanted to do something extra special for his bathroom. Their house has the same layout as our house. There are two bedrooms downstairs, and one upstairs, and each bedroom has its own bathroom. C's bathroom is also the one that company uses, so she wanted something that was cute and would look nice for company. So after a lot of thinking, and many ideas swimming in my head, we came up with an incredible plan. We went to our local craft/fabric store and found thread, buttons, and fabric that would tie into the colors in his room. Look at the finished product...






Okay... don't you love it... sophistication and whimsy all rolled into one. But the next part will make you laugh. We are running a little behind at our house. So when I delivered the curtain, I also delivered their Christmas gift, yes it is a little late. But someday, I will be all caught up, at least that is my goal over the next couple of weeks. I created these three hand towels for their company to use. The applique is created out to the same fabric, the same font was used (their last name starts with an A) and thread that was used on the curtain so that they match. I think that it provides a bit of sophistication, but still VERY fun... just like their family. THANKS so much for being such GREAT neighbors.


2 comments:

  1. hello, found your blog on kelly's korner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS so much for stopping by. Come back soon as I have lots of new post coming and new Etsy Listings.

    ReplyDelete

Doodles Duds

Followers